Art source

stumbleupon.com

пятница, 4 ноября 2011 г.

1st rule - you don't talk about fight club.

yes, it's me.
today is a memorable day  - i am finally writing a new post. I was again, busy, coz i have a fall break! I know it doesn't make anysense, but u know, u gotta do so much stuff. But the main thing i was doing is reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. I haven't finished it yet, so i will write later about it.
So let's talk about movies. These days I've watched just 3 of them - No strings attached, Fight Club and Another Earth. I think those who watched these movies will know which one is the best one  - yes, it's Fight Club!
Well, of course 1st thing to mention is that there is Brad Pitt and blond Jared Leto - 2 actors I absolutely love and they are  usually filmed in good movies: Mr. Nobody, Requiem for a Dream, 27 chapter, and I'm not even talking about Brad Pitt - this is an endless list of movies. Also, the main female role was assigned to Helena Bonham Carter, who hasn't been favored by Tim Burton yet.
Fight Club is a movie that you can divide into quotes, but it's not boring at all. Have you ever talked to a person who was telling nothing but quotes? I have and it was terrible. But in Fight Club it's awesome. I searched some quotes from this movie in google ( coz my memory sucks!!)  so here you can see them:


Tyler Durden: Fuck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may. 


Tyler Durden: Only after disaster can we be resurrected. 


Narrator: This is crazy... 
Tyler Durden: People do it everyday, they talk to themselves... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it. 



Richard Chesler: Is that your blood? 
Narrator: Some of it, yeah. 



Tyler Durden: You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. 


Tyler Durden: Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. 


Tyler DurdenAdvertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need

 You want more? And even with the sound?

This movie was based on Chuck Palannik (did I spell it right?) book. Unfortunately, I have never read none of his books. Now I will for sure. The movie was directed by David Fincher, the same dude who directed The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (good movie with Brad Pitt, but a bit too long) 

So, Bred Pitt a.k.a Tyler Durden is a awesomely cool guy, which has it all: money, wit, strength, cuteness (lol). He represents what some people what to be like. Literally.
The movies starts up with a guy, who nobody ever listened to, who was alone, whose 'happiness' was in decorating his condo. But he could not sleep. Then he started to attend support clubs and by crying there he felt better. Once, his condo was burnt and he had nowhere to go so he called Tyler, a man who he got to know in the plane. They drank a bit too much and.. well, that's actually the story how Fight Club starts - some  new kind of support club, but a very different one. But i can't tell you :
"First rule of fight club - you never talk about fight club.
 Second rule of fight club - you never talk about fight club"
Anyways, the thing goes much further than just a simple fight club (if you can call it simple, huh!)
This movie shows you different things : how you should do what you like and never give up, you should be able to stand up for yourself, you should let it go, overcome your fears and your 'i can not's...etc. But this all shown as a little scenes,  which build the whole movie up as a puzzle. Everybody gets the generalized idea of the movie different, but I guarantee you - it is something that can actually change the way you see the world. Even the criminal attacks are not bad there and you know it. So it is something REALLY worth to watch and if you like unexpected ending (oh poor me, I wanna tell you everything!) and some of good humor-  it is definately for you.

There are some pictures of this movie I found:

Isn't he cute in this robe? So cute and so shameless. 

"Your soap is the best!!"

"Hit me as hard as you can!"

" -I am going to tell everyone about you! -Oh really? I will, too" 


Ok, i think this is too much info for just one post, so tomorrow there will be (i will try, promise) a post about other movies! 

0 comments:

Отправить комментарий